Celebrating MIUSA CEO as Ashoka Senior Fellow
Susan Sygall is recognized for her path-breaking work to ensure the full participation of people with disabilities as leaders of change.
Empower Partnerships Announced
Sixty organizations will work together to promote disability inclusion & advance disability rights globally.
Creating a Culture of Inclusion
Our AWAY Topics sums up good practices for international educators to implement in their overseas programs.
For 32 years, MIUSA has been empowering people with disabilities around the world to achieve their human rights through international exchange and international development.
- Tools for Exchange Professionals
- How to create inclusive exchange programs, and technical assistance on accommodating a student with a specific disability
- Answers to common disability questions when planning for or looking for an international exchange experience.
- Stories & Blogs
- Read real life stories from individuals with disabilities about international exchange joys, challenges, and tips!
- Going Abroad: A Guide for Americans with Disabilities
- Learn the basics of going abroad with a disability, including strategies for finding, funding and preparing for your international exchange experience.
- Financial Aid and Funding for International Exchange
- Take advantage of funded programs and fellowships, scholarships and loans, fundraising strategies, and government assistance programs.
- Coming to the United States
- Learn about the rights of people with disabilities who visit the U.S., and find exchange opportunities to take you there!
- AWAY Topics - Disability 101: Create a Culture of Inclusion for Education Abroad
- The seventh issue of AWAY Topics offers best practices in making education abroad inclusive of and accessible to people with disabilities.
- Host Families for Participants with Disabilities
- Discover strategies for finding homestay families for participants with disabilities.
- Empower Partnerships for Inclusive Communities Program
- Reducing barriers and forging sustainable international partnerships to promote inclusive communities.
- Sign Language Interpreters for International Exchange
- Learn about finding and hiring a sign language interpreter for an international exchange program.
- Free Downloadable Poster: "Study In the USA, Disability is No Barrier"
- This full-color 17" x 22" (or 43 x 56 cm) poster for international exchange and disability offices presents the main message in English, Spanish, Portuguese.
Mobility International USA's mission is to empower people with disabilities around the world to achieve their human rights through international exchange and international development. MIUSA is a cross-disability organization serving those with cognitive, hearing, learning, mental health, physical, systemic, vision and other disabilities.